“Funbox Media” and the Funbox Media logos are copyrights and registered trademarks of Funbox Media Ltd. All rights reserved.
Funbox Media Ltd announce the upcoming physical release of
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One
For more information and assets click on the following link
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle Asset Pack
Chesterfield, May 19th, 2023 – International Publisher Funbox Media Ltd today announce that, in partnership with GS2 Games Inc, Invader Studios and Leonardo Interactive, the physical release of Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle, the prequel to the best-selling and critically acclaimed Daymare: 1998, will be released on August 30th, 2023, with the Nintendo Switch version arriving later in 2023.
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle, a third-person story-driven survival horror game prequel to the critically acclaimed Daymare: 1998, puts the player in the shoes of special agent Dalila Reyes, a former government spy, now in the service of the H.A.D.E.S. (Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search). Reyes’ mission seems simple: enter the most advanced experimental research facility in the United States. But who knows what dangers await her.
Grab one of the most innovative and technologically advanced weapons of all time and prepare to face never-before-seen creatures while you make your way through a series of frightfully evocative settings ready to be discovered.
A perfect mix of fierce and deadly enemies, hardcore action game mechanics, environmental puzzles, a chilling soundtrack, plenty of exploration, and massive doses of concentrated horror wait for you in Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle. No place is safe, especially when you’re being hunted by your nightmares.
- New characters and great comebacks – take part in the top-secret mission “Sandcastle” as the game’s main protagonist, H.A.D.E.S. Special Agent Dalila Reyes, and reconstruct the past of some of the most beloved characters from Daymare: 1998.
- Lethal and terrifying enemies – fight, kill and dismember the enemies that stand in your way. Beware: these enemies are terribly intelligent, aggressive and realistic.
- Revamped interface – D.I.D. is back, albeit in a completely redesigned form. Manage your inventory, ammo and health items directly from the new intuitive game interface.
- Attention to the scanner – thanks to the innovative device, installed on Reyes’ arm, you can analyze parts of the environment and reveal new puzzles to solve, collect secret documents and detect hidden items.
- Puzzles integrated into the environment – The solution is often right in front of you! Search for clues and overcome obstacles around you to obtain resources and collectibles.
- Are you sure he’s dead? – Get ready to face the toughest and most aggressive enemies you’ve ever seen – even if you’re sure you’ve killed one, you’ll find that he may return in a completely new form and be even more lethal than before!
- Amazing and immersive graphics, sound effects and soundtrack – thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4, you will live the most terrifying experiences.
- Access the most secret place in the world – discover all the mysteries hidden in one of the most famous and enigmatic places in history. Which one? You’ll have to embark on the mission to find out!
- Back to the 90’s… again! – If you loved the nostalgia of Daymare: 1998, then Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle will make you feel like you’re living and playing in a 90’s action/horror movie with familiar references and a terribly authentic atmosphere with a retro flavour.
- Freeze! – This time there will be no shortage of weapons, but be prepared to equip yourself with one of the most innovative and powerful weapons ever created: the Frost Grip! WARNING: may contain liquid nitrogen.
- Veteran or novice – choose the most appropriate difficulty mode based on your combat skills and survival horror experience. Either way, it will be a great challenge for the fearful.
To download the media pack including packshot, screens, banners and videos etc, please click HERE
To be kept up to date with future announcements, keep an eye out for tweets from @FunboxMediaLtd
About Funbox Media Ltd
Funbox Media Limited, established in 2010 and located in Chesterfield, UK, is a licensed third-party developer, publisher, and distributor for all physical, digital, and mobile gaming platforms. Originally focusing on casual, affordable games, Funbox widened its catalogue by bringing to market established brands such as the hit TV game show The Cube, Super Street, Warhammer 40,000, Waifu Uncovered and the Pretty Girls series, alongside its existing impressive portfolio of titles. Distributing across the globe and with over 60 years of combined experience, Funbox Media Ltd is an established and reliable partner in the video games industry.
For more information about Funbox Media Ltd and their products please visit www.funboxmedia.co.uk
ABOUT INVADER STUDIOS
Founded in 2016, Invader Studios™ is an Italian independent video game developer based in the Roman countryside. The studio was originally created by a group of professionals who share common ideas about video game development and are united by a passion for the survival horror genre. Invader Studios’ first release has been the critically acclaimed third-person, story-driven survival horror game called “Daymare: 1998™”, available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam and GOG.com (2020). The company is now set to release the newest installment in the Daymare saga, a prequel to the first game called Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle™, coming in August 2023 on PlayStation 5, Xbox X/S Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC Steam.
ABOUT LEONARDO INTERACTIVE
Leonardo Interactive is an award-winning video game publisher based in Rome with a string of award-winning productions and publishing titles available on all major platforms. Bringing its titles to market in both digital and physical formats, Leonardo Interactive has amassed a string of hits such as Dry Drowning and Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town. Upcoming releases include Shattered Heaven, Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle and Simon The Sorcerer Origins.